First Capitol Offers Service to
File EEO-1 Report Component 2 Pay Data
New Service to Help Employers Meet Urgent Deadline for Complying
With New EEO-1 Report Pay Data Requirements for 2019
If Employers Sign Up by August 30
LOS ANGELES, CA — August 21, 2019 — First Capitol Consulting is offering a new service to assist employers in completing and filing the new version of the annual EEO-1 Report known as “Component 2.” Employers are required to submit pay and hours-worked data along with demographic information for the 2017 and 2018 reporting years.
September 30, 2019, is the deadline to file the 2017 and 2018 Component 2 reports with the EEOC via an online portal developed in conjunction with the non-partisan research group, NORC. The EEO-1 Report is an annual compliance survey required by the EEOC. The new version of the EEO-1 Report was reinstated this spring by court order. Component 2 must be completed by employers, including federal contractors, with 100 or more employees.
The following features are part of First Capitol’s new service:
- Provide consultation on EEO-1 Component 2 reporting and identify company level and employee level data required for EEO-1 reporting (e.g., selection of Workforce Snapshot Periods and collection of establishments, job category, work location, gender, race/ethnicity, wages, and hours worked data).
- Reconcile missing data, which includes the identification of missing/unavailable data.
- Analyze employer-provided data to map such data into First Capitol’s proprietary EEO-1 Component 2 reporting system.
- Prepare applicable EEO-1 Component 2 Reports based on Client-provided data, including, as applicable: Type 1 (Single- Establishment Report), Type 2 (Consolidated Report), Type 3 (Headquarters Report), Type 4 (Establishment Report), Type 6 (Establishment List), and/or Type 8 (Establishment Report) (collectively, the “EEO-1 Component 2 Reports”).
- Deliver EEO-1 Component 2 data file upload for submission to the EEOC via the NORC Online Portal.
To use this EEO-1 Report Component 2 filing service, employers must meet the following conditions:
- Sign up before August 30, 2019.
- Provide required pay data in a format acceptable to First Capitol by September 6, 2019, for reporting years 2017 and 2018.
- Certify data to the EEOC during upload to NORC portal.
- Obtain a User ID needed to access the NORC portal (if not already received).
“The addition of payroll data to the EEO-1 Report adds a new level of complexity for employers,” said Robert Sheen, First Capitol’s CEO and Founder. “The expertise and technology we have developed allows us to provide an efficient, cost-effective service to help employers meet their EEO-1 reporting responsibilities by the end-of-September deadline.”
Learn more about the new service at this link: https://firstcapitolconsulting.com/eeo-1-compliance-is-changing/
- 30 -